Sunday, June 2, 2013

on the other hand

It is very difficult for me to think of the things I like about myself. Josie is right, those thoughts are always hijacked by that inner voice that tells me I'm not doing it right or am not good enough - that voice nags me constantly. 

I like the fact that I have a good relationship with The Boy, that despite my many parental shortcomings, I have never lied to him and he has never doubted my love for him. I promised him those two things before he was even born and those are two promises I've kept. 

I like that I still tear up when I hear of tornadoes ripping their way through cities or puppies being put to sleep because no one wanted them. I like that I haven't lost that tender part of myself yet. 

I like that I can still giggle and that once I start giggling, I find it hard to stop. 

I like that I haven't grown stagnant. I'm still learning and growing. 

I like that I'm never satisfied with myself and constantly trying to do a little more, a little better. 

I like that I can finally identify some things I like about myself. I even almost like the fact that I can't identify any of them without also identifying the downside that goes along with each of them. 

1 comment: