Monday, February 25, 2013

introductions

It occurs to me that some of you may not know who I am. There are plenty of days I wonder myself.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Alice.

I used to be a writer. I used to be a lot of things. I've lived a bit now and find that I'm a whole lot more than I thought I was. Perhaps I've just grown.

I'm selfish. And I am a snob.

It's so easy to lose sight of myself in the hustle of this life.

It's not so much that I can't forgive myself as it is that I believe one must forever keep her faults before her, lest she forget herself.

There have been many good people met along the way. I miss the ones no longer around and am grateful my world collided with theirs.

I am a better person today. I still have so much farther to go.

3 comments:

  1. I think that all of us are horribly flawed and we all also think that we're the only ones. But. The BEST of us are the ones who look at ourselves in the mirror with clear eyes and just see the truth and deal with it.

    That would be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with what Maria said, you seem to know yourself and to be at peace with who you are, and that's really all that matters. I find people who approach life with a sense of honest self-appraisal fascinating. It makes so much more sense than endless self-deception. Being real is what counts. This was a great intro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies make a girl feel so much better about herself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete