Sunday, February 10, 2013

clutter

It seems as though my life, my home, my world, is in a constant state of flux - a constant rearranging, a steady shifting - a subtle ebb and flow.

I'm too sentimental. I hold on to everything. I've left so much behind.

There's not a lot I can do about the clutter in my mind so instead I tackle the clutter in my life - cleaning out closets, weeding through drawers, purging what I can.

Too much clutter, and even the very act of sorting and purging, invites restlessness - restless energy, restless spirits. You open each box, unpack, examine and repack, discarding a piece or two.

It's nice to lighten the load, but even better when the remaining shit all gets shoved back into the closet.

1 comment:

  1. "I've left so much behind"... how well I can relate to that! I too hold onto clutter, clinging to tiny things that remind me I was alive even back then when I could barely breathe. Little by little I am letting go as I age, realizing that the memories and the knowledge are enough.

    ReplyDelete