Monday, November 5, 2012

it's the holiday season...

I'm excited about the holidays.

It actually seems a bit surreal to not be gripped by anxiety at the thought of their approach. I'm feeling a bit out of my element, but I think I like it here.

I'm even thinking about having a Christmas party. I've never had a Christmas party. For that matter, I've never had any kind of party at all, unless you count birthday parties for The Boy, and I don't think that's the same.

I've even thought of having two - one for the more, um, lively friends of mine and another for the more straight and narrow.

That seems like a like of work though.

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that I cannot invite everyone I'd like to a single gathering without their being bloodshed...or at the very least, some folks being highly offended.

So, I'm thinking I may make a day of it. We can have our more straight-laced folks over in the afternoon, including a few of The Boy's friends and their parents, and then have my deviant friends over that night.

I call them deviants but they're really good people. They just tend to drink a bit too much, cuss a bit too loud and laugh at totally inappropriate things.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I would rather have a root canal than throw a party. I am also a bit of scrooge....but um...good luck!

    ReplyDelete