Saturday, April 14, 2012

recognize

I think The Boy is starting to understand me, starting to truly recognize who I am. I'm starting to recognize myself.

He's finally rewarding my openness with one of his own.

I think He finally gets that I get it, that I get him, and that it's ok. He's starting to recognize himself.

I can't call him The Boy anymore, it no longer seems right.

He's grown into an incredibly Fine Young Man.

There have been a lot of stumbles and starts, but Thank the Lord, he's hasn't yet stopped.

I'm incredibly proud of him.
........

and now I have to let him go....

I'm trying to give him the reins more.

There have been a lot of stumbles and starts, but Thank the Lord, He hasn't let me stop.

I now know he'll be okay. He'll have a lot of stumbles and starts. We all do.

But I have faith in that Fine Young Man to never stop.

1 comment:

  1. It's the letting go that is so difficult, you know? When my daughter was small, I yearned for the day when I wouldn't always be front and center in her life. Now, I am decidedly NOT front and center and I ache with missing her.

    ReplyDelete