Tuesday, March 20, 2012

woof

Lately I have been inundated with pictures of dogs. Not just any dogs, but the sad, lonely little faces of dogs biding their time at area pounds, shelters and rescues, waiting for someone to come save them.

I want to save them all. 

I know I can't. I'm not even ready for another dog. My girl just died in December, but I'm drawn to the pictures of the abandoned dogs. I seek them out. I tell myself it's because I'm just keeping my eyes open for the next good dog I'm meant to have, but in reality it's a lot more like not being able to take your eyes off a car wreck. 

She was a good girl. I miss her a lot. She has a great story. I'll have to share it with you soon.

"Remember that you don't choose love; love chooses you. All you really can do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing then reach out and give it away."
~ Kent Nerburn



No comments:

Post a Comment