Wednesday, March 21, 2012

itsy bitsy spider

This morning I opened the door to my vehicle to find a teeny tiny spider furiously trying to build a web between the seat and window. 

For a split second I admired her ingenuity and effort. Then I scoffed at her poor decision making.

I am afraid of spiders. She was teeny tiny but she was also carrying a white bag of eggs on her bag. I instantly had visions of millions of teeny tiny spiders crawling all over the inside of my vehicle so I quickly squashed her, and her eggs. 

I thought I was safe. 

I was backing out of my driveway when a glittering on my front lawn stole my attention. There, spread across the grass were what looked to be nearly a hundred translucent handkerchiefs, neatly spread across the top of the grass. 

Oh dear.

As I pulled onto the road, I was met by another unsettling sight. For as far as the eye could see, along both sides of the road, white tufts clung to the stalks of dormant weeds, creating the illusion of a cotton field. 

Shit! We're under attack! 

I'm not quite sure how any of us walk a step outside without having a spider scurry across our feet and I'm reminded that, sometimes, ignorance really is bliss. 

1 comment:

  1. We have a spider who weaves a web about twice a week from the shower head to our shower door. How freaking stupid is THAT?

    ReplyDelete