So one of my favorite bloggers, Kate, let loose with a list of things making her pissy at the moment which has reminded me that every now and then, it's ok to be pissy.
And pissy I have been. And getting pissier by the second.
The husband likes to chalk up my pissiness to the time of the year. He's not lucky enough to have a wife who has PMS, but she is apt to get moody during certain times of the year and he seizes that as a rationalization for her pissy mood so he doesn't have to accept any of the responsibility for said mood.
So here we go...the list inspiring my current state of pissiness:
1) I'm sick of trying to clean this damn house! Correction: I'm sick of trying to clean this damn house while my husband sits on his fat ass in front of the television. I'm sick of cleaning off counters, only so someone can come along twenty minutes later to leave crumbs, trash or open containers of food on the aforementioned freshly scrubbed counter. I'm sick of being the only one who does laundry or cleans the bathroom or even recognizes that these things must be done. I'm sick of people looking warily at me like I'm some sort of irrational bitch for being pissy about the pee on the floor beside the toilet I just cleaned or the sticky mess on the counter I just scrubbed.
2) I'm sick of working 60-80 hours a week when I only work part-time!! I work two part-time jobs for two different departments of local government. Since I'm just a part-time employee, I don't qualify for benefits. So, I'm working my ass off either directly providing health care through one position or helping others figure out ways to get it through another position while I can't go to the fucking doctor because I have no health insurance. I am also sick of the 40 hour a week person in my house failing to realize that I am working so many hours and might need a little help getting things done around the house.
3) I am sick of all these damn animals in my house!!! We already had three dogs and a cat when The Boy got another cat. Then The Husband brought home an abandoned puppy and you can't walk through the damn house without stepping on a tail or being stepped on by a paw. I'm sick of the hair and the noise and all the damned pet supplies cluttering up my house.
4) I am sick of the snow and cold weather. It's currently 25 degrees and we have 8-10 inches of snow on the ground. They're calling for more frozen precipitation on Tuesday and again on Friday. My feet are cold and all this damn snow is wreaking havoc on my appointment book at work.
5) I am sick of being pissy. I'm tired of being in a crappy mood but people just keep pissing me off!