It's the last night of the year and I'm laid up on my couch with the cold from hell so I decided to take a look back at this time last year to see if I'd made any resolutions.
Nope...I never do. But I did have a short list of things I'd like to accomplish. I wonder how I did with that.
* Complete the EMT-Basic course and pass the state certification the FIRST time. I've heard that a lot of folks fail the first time but I refuse to be one of them.
CHECK! Not only did I finish with the highest average in the class, but I also had the highest score on the state test. Yay me! I've also started working as an EMT for a local service and am loving it!
* Make myself go to church EVERY Sunday (unless of course I'm sick.) As much as I enjoy going and even miss it when I don't go, I still find excuses to to go about once a month.
CHECK! Ok, I had a lot of help with this one. I started teaching one of the adult Sunday School classes and I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons they wanted me to teach was to help ensure my regular attendance!
* Blog on a more regular basis. I've gotten slack in my blogging, primarily because my mind has been filled with shit not fit to see the light of day. I have this wonderful outlet, I need to use it. Of course, this may mean that I ramble even more.
Ok, so I didn't really accomplish this one at all. Again, most of the crap that floats around in my brain isn't fit to see the light of day. Plus there are a handful of people in my life who know about this blog and yes, it does make me a bit more reserved about what I share.
* Get my teeth fixed. My teeth are a nightmare and in major need of some extensive dental work. I have dental insurance, but I'm a complete wimp when it comes to having dental work done and I'm too cheap to spend the money. I have a hard time justifying it as a necessary expense if the tooth isn't hurting.
Um, yea. I haven't taken the first step towards taking care of this one. I guess this is one that needs to be moved to the top of my list for 2010.
Let's see...what else needs to be on that list?
* Stop procrastinating so much! I always find myself behind the eight ball because I put everything off until the last minute. I really need to start trying to tackle things immediately and not let them all pile up. This goes for crap at work, laundry, chores, social obligations, etc.
* Take better care of myself...meaning at least eating better and taking vitamins. Surely I can manage that. Maybe.
On that note, I've just finished a huge glass of orange juice and am pretty sure it's time for some chocolate! ;-)