Wednesday, April 22, 2009

do or do not...

I start my ride time tomorrow night and am nervous as hell.

I'm not really worried about screwing up and killing someone because I'll be riding with a medic and another EMT-B and I know they won't let me do anything THAT stupid. I am however, a bit concerned that I'll pull some dipshit move and embarrass the holy hell out of myself.

I suppose my only real fear is finding out that maybe I'm not cut out for this after all. People who should know these things assure me I'll do fine...they tell me I have the right mentality for the job. I know I'm good at keeping my cool in emergency situations and I currently have the highest average in the class. Of course I'm also the only one in class who hasn't done any ride time yet either, because I'm a chicken shit like that.

Knowing what to do and being able to do it in theory is completely different than actually DOING it! I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment