Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Houston, we have a problem

It's much more than writer's block.

It's a complete system failure.

I've often joked that I hibernate in the winter, but these past few months have been so strange. I've just been completely out of sorts. I'm not really depressed, nor am I overly anxious or stressed or upset. I'm not really anything. And that's the problem.

I'm just kinda here. Kinda numb. It's as though I've switched completely to auto-pilot. I go through the motions and that's about it. Hell, even my motions are limited. I've done as little as humanly possible and still seem exhausted by the effort.

Maybe I am depressed, although I don't feel particularly blue. I've been here so many times before. I've always snapped out of it. Yet each time, it frightens me, as if I'm afraid I won't emerge from the fog.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved winter time, as hard as that is for some people to fathom. But... this winter has been different. I haven't enjoyed it at all, its felt overly bleak and foreboding. So.. . maybe your woes have been brought on by this particular winter and you'll get a nice energy boost come the spring (which isn't far away), or, I could always let you try one of those blue pills I'm taking, hehehe......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me, too. A strange period of intellectual slo-mo. I always check under the bed to see if my wit is there with the dust-bunnies. Eventually, it comes, back - like it's been on a trip or something. But when that happens, it always feels like it's somewhat changed, and not for the better.

    ReplyDelete