Thursday, June 19, 2008

sinful minister

Counseling. That's what I told my daddy I wanted to do. But that's not entirely accurate.

I suppose ministering would be a more appropriate word to use. I want to minister to people. I know that I cannot shelter them from the storm, but I can at least huddle with them through the worst of it, simply so they are not alone. I want to help ease their fears, offer them comfort, a warm dry blanket in the middle of the downpour.

Daddy says that you can't fix people, they either deal with it or they don't.

But wouldn't it help if you simply had a sounding board, someone you could talk to, someone who didn't cast blame or claim to have all the answers?

Daddy says that not everyone wants help.

That's fine, if they don't want it, they don't have to have it, but it's there if they need it.

As odd as it sounds, especially to those who know me, I have before thought of studying theology and entering the clergy for that very reason, but I have little faith in man's interpretation of God and am not at all certain my heart is pure enough to reflect God's love.

4 comments:

  1. You would be GREAT at that. I remember about a year ago, when so many people were turning to you for support, and I admired that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everybody wants help, but a lot do, and many more need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you have a calling, you should heed it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete