Wednesday, June 18, 2008

10 not so fascinating random thoughts

A friend of mine tagged me to compile a "random, ten interesting things about me" list...since too many thoughts have been racing through my mind to capture them here, I decided to post that list here.

1) I can't wait to play the You Tube video of the baby my best friend just posted, but I know it's going to make me giggle and my husband is sleeping on the other side of the curtain.

2) I think it's very difficult to think of ten interesting things about myself, my views, or my state of mind. I shudder when I realize I'm only on number 2.

3) I am a forever love kind of girl. Once I love you, I will always love you, even if I never see you again or if you are complete fuckin' ass.

4) Despite 3, I also refuse to allow myself to be hurt and mistreated by those I love (not for very long anyway, don't even say it.)

5) I have discovered that as I get older, I have more pain in various joints. I think that's why I started drinking more milk.

6) I wish I liked pain enough to wax my legs. I absolutely HATE shaving my legs. I wouldn't mind, 'cept I get so stubbly so soon after. Which is why I want to wax my legs. But I'm certain that shit hurts to some degree and I see no reason whatsoever in inflicting pain upon myself in an effort to keep silky smooth legs.

7) I have really done nothing other than read for the past two days and loved every minute of it. I haven't had much time to read the past few years, my mind crammed way too full of other things. I'd forgotten how much I love to read. I checked out three novels from the library yesterday and have already finished two of them. My son was amazed. I don't know why. He does the same thing when he really wants to read a book and is enjoying it.

8) I ramble, duh! Not very interesting huh?

9) Bernie Taupin, who wrote many lyrics for Elton John, was my poetic mentor. It was his songs that inspired my poetic side. (Which I seem to have abandoned for some long years.)

10) I hate talking on the phone. (I'm sure my husband would never believe that, as much time as I spend on the phone.) Yes, I truly hate talking on the phone. Half the time if I haven't gotten something done, or have lost touch with someone it's because it involved me making a phone call.

1 comment:

  1. Random comments and observations are my favorite blog topics. Thanks for posting those!

    ReplyDelete