Wednesday, May 28, 2008

you can't make me

I struggled to wake up early this morning, thinking logic would have it that the earlier I awoke, the more I would manage to accomplish during my day.

That was two hours ago and so far I have managed to have one cup of coffee and chatted with a friend on the phone. Of course I have also made my rounds of cyberspace, checking out my favorite blogs, news sites and checking my various email accounts. Now I think it's time for a nap.

I may as well face the cold, hard truth of the matter...my brain simply does not function before noon. Until the sun is high in the sky, I cannot expect my brain to process vast amounts of information and I certainly cannot expect it to produce much of anything, other than a hangover-type fog which manages to be induced with or without the presence of alcohol.

Others have told me this is merely a lack of discipline on my part. I'm tempted to agree.

1 comment:

  1. My days are much more productive when I wake up naturally and work at my own pace.

    There are always days when you have to buckle down, but if you have the gift of being able to set your own hours (as I now do), I say embrace it and use it to your advantage!

    ReplyDelete