Friday, May 30, 2008

The Point from 5/14/06

We all have those nagging questions

Which haunt us throughout our lives

And plunge us into a great search

That so often only leads us to more questions

Amidst these questions pacing my mind

Came a distinct voice from deep within

"Write."

But what could I have important enough to write that

it should ever be read? Write what?

"Write what you know."

Everyone has a story

Everyone has a God

"Write about God."

But who am I to write about God?

I who am no scholar or theologian or even member of a church

By what measure am I worthy to write of God?

A parent's wisdom, a Father's phrase

"Because I said so."

And so I write, breaking the most often given advice to write what you know. Instead, I write what I struggle to understand. And I share it with you in the hope that by doing so it will, in some small way, help you in your own search.

Comments on original post:
At 5/15/2006 02:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you never stop writing. As it helps you, I know it will help others. You have a gift, a very unique gift. Many of us might take that for granted, but you have made good use of your gift. I look forward to your next posting.

At 5/16/2006 09:50:00 AM, Anonymous Gene Alston said...

So you're a philosopher! Looks great. Congrats and keep it up.
G/A

At 5/18/2006 09:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it seems to look grey or facing the unknown, you count your points. Then a smile comes across your face. The start of another day begins and passes, but the smile stays within. Only you will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment