So um yea, this has been a pretty shitty week. Of course, in many ways it's been a pretty damn good week too and since it was pointed out to me this morning that so many of the recent posts have been gloomy, I am going to refocus our attention and recap some of the really cool things that happened this week.
1) My son had to make a choice between disobeying my rules and doing exactly what he wanted or calling me to ask for permission. He chose to ask for permission, which of course I granted out of appreciation for his respect of me and my rules.
2) My husband was a stable, calming influence during a potentially volatile situation.
3) I got to spend one entire afternoon hanging out with my best friend, who has been by my side longer than anybody.
4) The strength of two other friendships was tested this week. Granted, one crumbled, but the other sprang up and flourished.
5) I discovered that I am no longer willing to allow people to take gross advantage of my giving nature.
6) Today presented an excellent opportunity for me to devote all my time to the labor I love most — writing, telling stories. This time around I get to tell really good ones.
7) I rediscovered the energy of music during a bout of insomnia when I finally pulled out my iPod and turned off my computer, in desperate need of escape.
Yes, all in all, I'd have to say it's been a pretty damn good week.