Thursday, April 3, 2008

when the bubble busts

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies by, especially since it so often seems to stand completely still.

I'm still in the process of switching gears on the career front and find that, although I spend a good 6-8 hours at headquarters every day, I ind myself being most productive in the middle of the night. Luckily my candidate isn't an early bird either. Plus it's tax season and he's an accountant so we won't be hitting the campaign trail hard until April 16.

Meanwhile, day and night, there is a continuous, nagging reminder of all that has been lost perched in the upper right-hand corner of my computer screen. I'm waiting for that damn Instant Messenger box to start croaking "Never, Nevermore" any minute now!

Time passes, yet I am still not accustomed to his absence and find myself about to message, momentarily forgetting that I am no longer welcome in his life. I miss my friend and finally realize it was never meant to be any other way. Now if I can just accept that. Nevermore.

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling. I had a particular friend once that I couldn't keep and for the longest time, every time my e-mail said, "Captain! Incoming message!", my heart would leap, then drop down to my feet. :(

    ReplyDelete