Monday, March 17, 2008

wave goodbye to the newspaper lady

I have spent the last five years of my life as the newspaper (woman, lady, girl).

When people see me, they see the newspaper.

My employer expected me to be ever mindful of that fact when expressing my views, lest my views be considered the views of the company but I was always proud to point out how my views differ from those held by the company.

I loved it. I hated it. It validated a lot of who I thought I might be and even offered tremendous insight into realms I had never considered.

Folks were banking on my integrity, many were also intent on buying it, stealing it, or scaring it out of me. It can be a dirty business, but I never let it get too dirty and am walking away with my integrity in tact.

I'll be putting the paper together for the last time tomorrow and I'm actually excited about that. I'm also excited about going to work for a political consulting company.

My first big project? Handling the campaign of a Congressional candidate. Working with a few vets at state races, my primary responsibilities will be the overall organization of the thing and ensuring the expression of the candidate's views.

I will love it. I will hate it. It will validate a lot of who I think I might be and will even offer tremendous insight into realms I have never considered.

HA!! Talk about a dirty business! Politics can be one dirty, slimy business but I'm going to try not to let it get too dirty and one day I'm sure I'll walk away with my integrity in tact.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is going to be exciting! Although, as you say, politics is WAY slimier than the media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete