Wednesday, November 7, 2007

time well spent

Sometimes the words do not come easily, or rather, the thoughts tumble over one another too swiftly for words to catch them.

And no Kate, I never seem to have enough time, but that's only because I waste so much of it.

I've been spending a lot of time with my son lately. He's growing up so fast. We got his report card today. His grades are all up and they say he's making the effort.

It's hard to watch your children grow up.

He's turning out to be a really good guy though. He can be a bit smart-mouthed, but he's learning the difference between funny smartass and asshole smartass and is beginning to be a good judge of when either may be completely inappropriate.

He made dinner tonight. I asked him to keep an eye on the stew as it warmed on the stove. A bit later he announced that dinner was ready and led me to a table where dinner was served.

I'm a lucky damn woman.

1 comment: