Saturday, November 17, 2007

patting myself on the back

I think I may have my head screwed on right this time around.

I've made it through my first week of do-it-yourself cancer curing cream and only have a relatively small spot that's bothering me. Hehe, gives completely new meaning to "hottie"!

It woke me up at 5 o'clock this morning, screaming for me to go soak in the bathtub, which I did. That left me comfortable enough to go back to sleep and petroleum jelly is currently soothing the lingering burn. Good news is, I get weekends off so I won't have to put any more on until Monday!

I haven't had a cigarette since Wednesday night — not even a puff, which is really saying something, especially since we ate at Olive Garden last night! I was in the smoking section, munching on appetizers and salad, drinking a fruity vodka concoction and my husband was beside me, puffing away, yet still I resisted!! Go momma!

Of course, this morning I did want to "reward" myself with a smoke, but again, I resisted!

Earlier this afternoon the husband brought home some patches so he could quit too, which should make it much easier for me to resist.

AND, even MORE exciting, he brought home a new vacuum cleaner so we can get all this damn black dog hair up!! Life is good.

1 comment: