Thursday, November 29, 2007

in case you were wondering...

I still haven't smoked a cigarette. I haven't even tried to sneak a puff.

In fact, I still have four cigarettes and a lighter in the glove compartment of my car. I just haven't wanted one bad enough to smoke them.

Tuesdays are usually the worst for making me crave a smoke. Guess that's because they are currently my high-stress, deadline days.

November 15, that's the day I stopped smoking. The Boy keeps up with how long it's been. I don't really stop to think about it. If I do, I consider rewarding the progress with a smoke. No need to think about it.

Hmmmm...a cigarette sure would be good right now.

Yes, but I don't smoke. **wink**

I started the treatment when I stopped smoking. I'm supposed to use it three times a week, but I skipped this Monday and last Monday cause the aching and the other side effects set in and it was a little much to bear on Mondays and Tuesdays. So I apply it on Wednesday and Friday.

No, I have not yet gone on "official stay at home medical leave". I'm trying to put that off for as long as possible, but I told my husband tonight that it's entirely possible I decide any day not to go into the office at all. If I can get it set up so I can access the office server remotely, I won't even have to go in on Tuesdays. I'll be able to do it all from the comfort of my home.

For now, I've got to get in the bed, cause I've got an early morning wake up call. Busy day tomorrow...both of our US Senators are coming through town tomorrow, one at 12, another at 1:30, then I hop into the car and head for the state capital, where I will stay overnight for a two-day training session for prospective political candidates. No, I do not consider myself a prospective political candidate.

Ew, it just occurred to me that I will be spending a lot of time sitting in class over the next two days. Yesterday was Wednesday and tomorrow is Friday. Hope the chairs are comfy!

2 comments:

  1. Go, Alice!
    Keep it up! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! we're very proud!!

    ReplyDelete