Tuesday, October 2, 2007

in case you were wondering

In case you were wondering what I've been doing with my time...

I spent Saturday morning prancing around a street festival in a big, heavy gray squirrel costume. It was hot as hell and I now have a stronger appreciation for the endurance it takes folks to walk around in heavy gear!

After I changed back into the neighborhood editor, I ate some ice cream, took some pictures and talked to folks.

Then I ate some more ice cream, and stepped up to the microphone in front of a huge crowd to name this year's honored farmer.

After that was over, I took some more pictures, talked to some more folks, ate some more ice cream and changed back into the shorts and t-shirt I'd worn under the squirrel costume.

Then, I got into the dunking booth. I'd never been in one before and don't particularly like water going up my nose, but I was quick to pinch my nostrils shut so it was actually pretty fun.

Needless to say, after all that exertion, I needed some more ice cream!

Saturday night was spent nibbling and chatting at my cousin's 40th birthday party.

I spent most of Sunday sleeping, washing clothes, drinking milk and eating cereal.

Apparently I'm on a milk kick. I think it's "sympathy cravings". My best friend is pregnant and has just reached the REALLY pregnant ice cream stage!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink a glass of milk and go to bed. I was up early today, worked late and am supposed to be getting on an "adult" schedule so wil be getting up early tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very good time to me.

    I get on food kicks too. Sometimes it is peanut butter. Once it was cheese, often it is oatmeal.

    But, it sounds as if you had a lovely time and it is a great month for it, yes?

    ReplyDelete