Monday, September 24, 2007

session expired

That's the shitty thing about weekends — as soon as I'm rested and a bit rejuvenated, they come to an end.

I had wanted to share the story of a boy I loved dearly who died recently, but I got to rambling and didn't get around to it.

And now I need to go to bed. I've got to work tomorrow and I'm expecting an early morning wake up call from a perky blonde, who has generously agreed to try to help me get on a healthier sleeping schedule by waking my sorry ass up in the mornings. I just had to promise not to cuss her out when she calls!

4 comments:

  1. Well, it beats how I wake up in the morning....I set my alarm to the hispanic radio station and LOUD. Plus, I have to get out of bed and walk across the room to shut it off. I have to do this, otherwise I would be hitting that snooze button constantly and NEVER get out of bed.

    So, I awaken every morning to very frenzied mexican folk music. It is annoying and jolting.

    But, it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This refers to your earlier entry regarding Mother Theresa. (I apologize for posting this out of order.)

    You might be interested in reading
    "Dark Night of the Soul" by the 16th century Carmelite spiritual mystic St. John of the Cross.

    He was a contemporary of another famous Carmelite, St. Teresa of Avila.

    Amazon.com has it.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey--i'm glad you stopped by. you keeping your head above water there?

    ReplyDelete