Thursday, August 16, 2007

yes, i'm a complete bum...

I'm sitting in my office, my elbows propped on a stack of what we will call "shit I really should have done yesterday", surfing the net and daydreaming.

We're heading for the beach tomorrow, but my mind is already there. In all honesty, my mind probably spends 90% of its time there, or at least somewhere other than where it's presence is required at any given time.

We're actually going to spend two nights down there this time as opposed to our usual one night quickie that leaves us exhausted, so it feels a lot like an honest to goodness vacation! We're even taking tomorrow off work!

Since it was about 5,000 miles overdue for an oil change, I did not think my truck would really appreciate being forced to drive four hours and back so I did the smart thing and had the oil changed, fluids topped off, tires checked, yada yada. Now I just need to tidy up the checkbook (after all, it would help to make sure we had money to pay for the trip before we set out), call about the room and pack. Of course packing for the beach, even a 3 day, 2 night trip takes all of five minutes. My beach bag stays in the car, ready to go at all times, so I've just got to throw a couple changes of clothes and a toothbrush into a backpack and we're set!

*Sigh* And I guess I really should attend to this stack of "shit I really should have done yesterday", but first I think I'll take a quick smoke break! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment