Friday, July 27, 2007

a word of thanks

At the risk of sounding like a complete loser, I've got to tell you, I'm really enjoying this blogging thing.

It's the stories I love, always has been. I thoroughly enjoy being allowed to take a peek into the lives of others and appreciate their willingness to share their stories with the rest of us. Some are funny, some are sad, some simply recount the day's events, but I have found over the years that despite the wide range of voices that tell them, it is the stories themselves that bind us, connecting us to the rest of humanity.

To those who share your stories, I say thank you for inciting the giggles, provoking the thoughts, tugging the heartstrings and reminding the rest of us that we're all human.

To those of you who happen to stumble across my own stories, I appreciate your patience, encouragement and understanding as I clear the clutter from my mind and I thank you for reminding me that my voice, as small as it is, has not gone unheard.

3 comments:

  1. Your voice is not small. It is large and full and very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wandering through blogspot and it brought me to your blog. I read a few entries, and then a few more, and then just a couple more. I really liked what you said in this post about other people's stories and your own. You're also quite a good writer...but I guess that might be why you work at a newspaper.
    Thanks for letting the rest of the world take a peek at your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, you really know how to make a girl's day!

    ReplyDelete