Monday, June 25, 2007

alright already

I called the doctor to reschedule my general overview appointment. *rolls eyes*

And since I'm making a concerted effort to be a good, conscientious patient, I also agreed to allow them to schedule the damn CT scan. Sheesh! Looks like the next two weeks will be deluged with doctors — I go for the surgical consult this Thursday, then go for the CT sometime next week (oh the joy of drinking that chalky fruity concoction!) and then go see him next Friday. AND I even called the oncologist to make sure she received the pathology reports and surgical notes from last summer (I admit it was a bit alarming to be treated without the present oncologist being armed with that info!) I can't help but wonder if that will change her approach.

I'm still not certain I see the point in all this. It seems like a waste of time and money. I cannot shake the belief that God has a plan, although I'm not certain of its details. I find it conceited and presumptuous and downright sinful to interfere. The ignorant hands of humans seem to have a way of muddling things ya know.

But there are those, very dear to me, who have asked that I humor them in this endeavor...ok, so maybe that's not quite what they were asking for, but that's about the best I can offer at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Alice-
    I read your blog, but don't usually commnet. Today's entry intrigued me a little bit, though. I've often wondered if the world just ASSUMES that, when a person is diagnosed with cancer, s/he will do anything to fight it. I never hear much about people who think that fighting is not the best solution. A waste of time when time is a precious commodity? Tell us more.

    ReplyDelete